Halter Ego® Quarantine Classic
WHEN: April 11, 2020
WHERE: Held virtually (details below)
JUDGE: USEF 'S' Dressage Judge, Joan Darnell
PRIZES: We will have prizes for 1st place, as well as high point awards sponsored by Halter Ego®.
HOW IT WORKS
- Enter online under the Virtual Competition tab at www.dressage.us (entry form will be up by the end of this week!)
Upload a YouTube video of you practicing a test of your choice (Training Level through FEI) filmed from the letter C and pay the $45 entry fee before April 10, 2020.
- Make sure your video is 'public' on YouTube, as all videos will be listed on the website on the competition day so competitors and spectators can enjoy viewing as the scores are being posted.
- You will receive an email with your scores and comments after the completion of your class.
There will also be an option to enter hors concours (HC) to have your ride judged and scored without having your video posted.
- The score will not be published and you will not be eligible for any awards.
- If you choose the HC option, please make sure the video is 'unlisted' on YouTube so our judge can still view it.
- This is a great opportunity to receive feedback from a licensed dressage judge without having a public video.
- Quarantine rules not allowing you to go visit your horse? Don't worry! You can submit an older video as long as it is not from a USEF licensed competition. Don't have one of those?
- These are uncertain times but there's nothing like a crisis to bring equestrians together. In that spirit, we have chosen Ride On Therapeutic Horsemanship as the main beneficiary of this show.
- There will be a place on the entry form for an additional donation to Ride On Therapeutic Horsemanship, which teaches adaptive horseback riding to children and adults with physical and cognitive disabilities, as well as to the Pacific Coast CDI, to support international dressage competition on the West Coast.
We hope you will consider a donation to either or both of these organizations!
While we have organized this as a fun opportunity to keep training toward our competition goals while supporting organizations and small businesses that are near and dear to us, we do want to make sure first and foremost that everyone is SAFE during this very scary time.
Please continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC as well as local and national government, and wash your hands!
512.818.4575 | www.dressage.us | Moorpark, California